Faber Professional Mar Gel Plus Rust Stain Remover 500ml
- Stain Remover
- Water-Based Product
- Most Effective On Rust
- Interior & Exterior Use
Faber Mar Gel Plus is a unique, innovative stain remover specifically formulated to remove rust marks and stains from acid-sensitive materials such as marble, limestone, and travertine. Faber Mar Gel Plus is easy to apply and its gel formula means it is simple to use, even on vertical surfaces
Faber Mar Gel Plus has a particular formulation that allows it to penetrate deep down, even into the most compact lime-based surfaces, such as brushed or polished finishes. Faber Mar Gel Plus reacts to remove the rust, creating a purple compound that turns darker according to the depth of the rust stain
Suitable for Use On:
- Cement-based grout widths
- Craquelé ceramics
- Marble/ Marble Agglomerates
Faber Mar Gel Plus is specifically for acid-sensitive materials, but it can be used on any material where there are rust stains to be removed
Method of Use:
- The surface must be completely clean, dry, and free from contamination using the recommended cleaners
- Thoroughly rinse with clean water and allow it to dry, never use Faber Mar Gel Plus on a wet or over-heated surface
- Apply Faber Mar Gel Plus onto the surface in thick layers, using a brush or spatula
- Leave to react until the stain has been completely extracted, the time can vary
- For surface, recent, and pale rust marks, the removal time can be from 5 to 20 minutes
- For slightly deeper, medium-toned rust marks, the removal time can from 30 minutes to 3 hours, Faber polish may be needed to restore its shine
- For deep, dark rust stains that have penetrated through the material, the extraction time can vary from 4 to 10 hours, Faber polish may be needed to restore its shine
- Remove the product and its residues with a clean cloth after the set period of time
After carefully removing all product residues, apply Oxidant to remove the purple compound created by the action of Faber Mar Gel Plus. Refer carefully to the instructions on the Oxidant datasheet.
- The product has a strong odour, which is in no way hazardous.
- It is important to test the solution on an inconspicuous area before general application
- Surfaces must be between 5 and 40°C before application
- While applying Faber Mar Gel Plus to the surface, it must not be exposed to direct sunlight.
*We always recommend that, before using stain remover on large areas, you perform an initial test to see whether or not it is necessary to use a mechanical polisher on the surface beforehand*
The Faber Mar Gel Plus is available through Tiling Logistics, the natural stone renovation specialists based in Birmingham. We strive for a same-day dispatch service and free delivery is available on orders over £75.